Thứ Bảy, 15 tháng 8, 2009
Trung tâm Quốc gia Nghiên cứu Nguồn Gen Cây trồng
FOOD CROPS. Trung tâm Quốc gia Nghiên cứu Nguồn Gen Cây trồng (National Center of Plant Gene Research - NCPGR) Vũ Hán, Trung Quốc, được thành lập năm 2005 thuộc Trường Đại học Nông nghiệp Hoa Trung, thành phố Vũ Hán, tỉnh Hồ Bắc. Đây là tổ chức nghiên cứu phi lợi nhuận có hướng nghiên cứu chính là cấu trúc, chức năng và so sánh các phân tích của genomes, gene và sản phẩm các loại cây trồng lúa gạo, bông, khoai tây và cải dầu.
Trung tâm được lãnh đạo bởi Giáo sư Tiến sĩ Qifa Zhang, nhà di truyền và sinh học phân tử hàng đầu của Trung Quốc. Ông hiện là giáo sư của Trường Đại học Nông nghiệp Hoa Trung, Giám đốc Học viện Khoa học Sự sống và Công nghệ kiêm Giám đốc Phòng Thí nghiệm Trọng điểm Quốc gia Cải thiện Nguồn gen Cây trồng. Ông được bầu làm Viện sĩ Viện Hàn lâm Khoa học Trung Quốc năm 1999 và Viện sĩ Viện Hàn lâm Khoa học Thế giới Thứ Ba năm 2000.
Trung tâm Quóc gia Nghiên cứu Nguồn Gen Cây trồng nằm gần với Phòng Thí nghiệm Trọng điểm Quốc gia Cải thiện Nguồn Gen Cây trồng. Trường Đại học Vũ Hán, Trường Đại học Khoa học và Công nghệ Hoa Trung, Trường Đại học Sư phạm Hoa Trung và các viện nghiên cứu công nghệ sinh học cùng các công ty khác ở phía Đông hồ nước của khu liên hợp công nghê cao thành phố Vũ Hán. Thông tin về NRPGR và GS.TS. Qifa Zhang ở chi tiết http://www.ncpgr.cn/ kèm theo.
HL lược dịch
NATIONAL CENTER OF PLANT GENE REARCH (NRPGR) WUHAN
Established in 2005, National Center of Plant Gene Research (NCPGR) is a noncommercial research organization whose primary research directions are structural, functional and comparative analysis of genomes and gene products from a wide variety of plants including rice, cotton, rapeseed and potato.
The Center is under the direction of Dr. Qifa Zhang who is plant geneticist and molecular biologist. He is currently working as professor in Huazhong Agricultural University, Dean of the College of Life Science and Technology, and Director of the National Key Laboratory of Crop Genetic Improvement. He was elected to the Chinese Academy of Sciences in 1999 and to the Third World Academy of Sciences in 2000.
NCPGR's 7,000 square meters building is located in Huazhong Agricultural University in Wuhan, Hubei province. Its neighbors include the National Key Laboratory of Crop Genetic Improvement, Wuhan University, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Huazhong Normal University, and other research institutes and biotechnology companies located within East-lake’s High-tech Developing City in Wuhan.
BLAST(Regular BLAST, Mega BLAST, BLAST 2 sequences, BLAST HELP MANUAL) stands for Basic Local Alignment Search Tool and was developed by Altschul et al. (1990) and significantly improved by Altschul et al. (1997). It is a very fast search algorithm that is used separately for protein or DNA databases. and is best used for sequence searching, rather than for motif searching. REDB provides BLAST facility for the rice. To search other datasets and access further information on BLAST resources, help document and BLAST 2.0 Release, please refer to http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/BLAST/.
VectorScreen is a tool for identifying segments of a nucleic acid sequence that may be of vector, which was developed to combat the problem of vector contamination in sequence databases.
Genome Browser is a Web-based application for displaying genomic annotations and other features. The reference annotation layer consists in the 12 rice pseudomolecules released by the TIGR (Version 5.0, January 24, 2007)
Readseq is particularly useful as it automatically detects many sequence formats, and interconverts among them.
ClustalW is a general purpose multiple alignment program for DNA or proteins.
Primer3 Easy to design primers, developed by the Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research.
SSRSCAN Search for simple sequence repeats in FASTA-formatted DNA sequences
GENSCAN which offers complete gene prediction, in that it uses a number of different algorithms to predict introns, exons (leading, internal, and terminal), donor and acceptor splice sites, and polyadenylation sites. The highest scoring arrangement of these categories are then used to predict actual gene composition
Map Viewer (Beta1) is a tool developed at REDB to view the markers in different maps
Dr. Zhang Qifa
Dr. Zhang Qifa, born in Gong'an County, Hubei Province on December 19, 1953, is plant geneticist and molecular biologist. He graduated from Huazhong Agricultural College in 1976 and finished his Ph D in genetics in University of California at Davis, USA, in 1985. He is currently a professor of Huazhong Agricultural University, Dean of the College of Life Science and Technology, and Director of the National Key Laboratory of Crop Genetic Improvement.
He systematically analyzed genetic diversity of world barley, which revealed a number of important characteristics of the distribution of genetic diversity, based on which he proposed independent origins of Oriental and Occidental cultivated barley. His group conducted extensive molecular studies of heterosis in rice, including demonstrating the relationship between molecular marker heterozygosity and heterosis, characterization of the genetic basis of heterosis, and made the proposition of epistasis as the genetic basis of heterosis. His group also constructed high-density molecular linkage map of rice and mapped over 20 important major genes and a large number of genes for agronomic traits. His group developed bacterial blight resistant restorer lines of hybrid rice by using molecular techniques, quality improved male sterile line, and transgenic rice with delayed senescence and improved yield potential.
He was elected to the Chinese Academy of Sciences in 1999, and to the Third World Academy of Sciences in 2000.
• Rice functional genomics
• Rice biotechnology
• Green Super Rice
• Biological basis of heterosis
A LIST OF PUBLICATION IN REFEREED JOURNALS
BY QIFA ZHANG (Update at 2008-06-28)
154. Xing Y, Tang W, Xue W, Xu C and Zhang Q (2008) Fine mapping of a major quantitative trait loci, qSSP7, controlling the number of spikelets per panicle as a single Mendelian factor in rice. Theor Appl Genet 116: 789-796.
153. Xue W, Xing Y, WengX, Zhao Y, Tang W, Wang L, Zhou H, Yu S, Xu C, Li X and Zhang Q (2008) Natural variation in Ghd7 is an important regulator of heading date and yield potential in rice. Nat Genet 40:761-767.
152. Nayidu NK, Wang L, Xie W, Zhang C, Fan C, Lian X, Zhang Q, Xiong L (2008) Comprehensive sequence and expression profile analysis of PEX11 gene family in rice. Gene 412:59-70
151. Zhou J, Wang X, Jiao Y, Qin Y, Liu X, He K, Chen C, Ma L, Wang J, Xiong L, Zhang Q, Fan L, Deng W (2007) Global genome expression analysis of rice in response to drought and high-salinity stresses in shoot, flag leaf, and panicle. Plant Mol Biol 63: 591-608.
150. Zhang Q (2007) Strategies for developing Green Super Rice. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 104:16402-16409.
149. Wang L, Liu W, Xu Y, He Y, Luo L, Xing Y, Xu C, Zhang Q (2007) Genetic basis of 17 traits and viscosity parameters characterizing the eating and cooking quality of rice grain. Theor Appl Genet 115:463-476.
148. Hua H, Lu Q, Cai M, Xu C, Zhou DX, Li X, Zhang Q (2007) Analysis of rice genes induced by striped stemborer (Chilo suppressalis) attack identified a promoter fragment highly specifically responsive to insect feeding. Plant Mol Biol 65:519-630.
147. Dai M, Zhao Y, Ma Q, Hu Y, Peter Hedden, Zhang Q, Zhou D (2007) The Rice YAB1 Gene Is Involved in the Feedback Regulation of Gibberellin Metabolism. Plant Physiology Preview 144:121-133
146. Han B, Xue Y, Li J, Deng XW, Zhang Q (2007) Rice functional genomics research in China. Phil Trans R Soc B 362:1009-1021
145. Yu JS, Fan YR, Liu N, Shan Y, Li XH, Zhang Q (2007) Rapid genome evolution in the Pms1 region of rice revealed by comparative sequence analysis. Chinese Sci Bull 52:912-921.
144. Zhang J, Guo D, Chang Y, You C, Li X, Dai X, Weng Q, Zhang J, Chen G, Li X, Liu H, Han B, Zhang Q, Wu C (2007) Non-random distribution of T-DNA insertions at various levels of the genome hierarchy as revealed by analyzing 13 804 T-DNA flanking sequences from an enhancer-trap mutant library. Plant J 49:947-959.
143. Chu Z, Fu B, Yang H, Xu C, Li Z, A. Sanchez, Y. J. Park, J. L. Bennetzen, Zhang Q and Wang S (2006) Targeting xa13, a recessive gene for bacterial blight resistance in rice. Theor Appl Genet 112: 455-461.
142. Zhang Y, Luo L, Xu C, Zhang Q, Xing Y (2006) Quantitative trait loci for panicle size, heading date and plant height co-segregating in trait-performance derived near-isogenic lines of rice (Oryza sativa). Theor Appl Genet 113:361-368.
141. Huang Y, Li L, Chen Y, Li X, Xu C, Wang S, Zhang Q (2006) Comparative analysis of gene expression at early seedling stage between a rice hybrid and its parents using a cDNA microarray of 9198 uni-sequences. Sci China Ser C 49:519-529.
140. Huang Y, Zhang L, Zhang J, Yuan D, Xu C, Li X, Zhou D, Wang S, Zhang Q (2006) Heterosis and polymorphisms of gene expression in an elite rice hybrid as revealed by a microarray analysis of 9198 unique ESTs. Plant Mol Biol 62:579-591.
139. Hu H, Dai M, Yao J, Xiao B, Li X, Zhang Q, Xiong L (2006) Overexpressing a NAM, ATAF, and CUC (NAC) transcription factor enhances drought resistance and salt tolerance in rice. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 103:12987-12992.
138. Yan X, Wu P, Ling H, Xu G, Xu F, Zhang Q (2006) Plant nutriomics in China — An overview. Ann Bot 98:473-482. (invited review)
137. Liang D, Wu C, Li C, Xu C, Zhang J, Kilian A, Li X, Zhang Q, Xiong L (2006) Establishment of a patterned GAL4-VP16 transactivation system for discovering gene function in rice. Plant J 46:1059-1072
136. Chu Z, Yuan M, Yao J, Ge X, Yuan B, Xu C, Li X, Fu B, Li Z, Bennetzen JL, Zhang Q, Wang S (2006) Promoter mutations of an essential gene for pollen development result in disease resistance in rice. Gene Dev 20:1250-1255.
135. Tang W, Chen H, Xu C, Li X, Lin Y, Zhang Q (2006) Development of insect resistant transgenic indica rice with a synthetic Cry1C* gene. Mol Breed 18:1-10.
134. Lian X, Wang S, Zhang J, Feng Q, Zhang L, Fan D, Li X, Yuan D, Han B, Zhang Q (2006) Expression profiles of 10,422 genes at early stage of low nitrogen stress in rice assayed using a cDNA microarray. Plant Mol Biol 60:617-631.
133. Yue B, Xue W, Xiong L, Yu X, Luo L, Cui K, Jin D, Xing Y, Zhang Q (2006) Genetic basis of drought resistance at reproductive stage in rice: separation of drought tolerance from drought avoidance. Genetics 172:1213-1228.
132. Fan C, Xing Y, Mao H, Lu T, Han B, Xu C, Zhang Q (2006) GS3, a major QTL for grain length and weight and minor QTL for grain width and thickness in rice, encodes a putative transmembrane protein. Theor Appl Genet 112:1161-1171.
131. Wang GW, He YQ, Xu CG, Zhang Q (2006) Fine mapping of f5-Du, a gene conferring wide-compatibility for pollen fertility in inter-subspecific hybrids of rice (Oryza sativa L.). Theor Appl Genet 112:382-387.
130. Zhang J, Li C, Wu C, Xiong L, Chen G, Zhang Q, Wang S (2006) RMD: a rice mutant database for functional analysis of the rice genome. Nucleic Acids Res 34:D745–D748.
129. Lian, X., Y. Xing, H. Yan, C. Xu, X. Li and Q. Zhang. (2005). QTLs for low nitrogen tolerance at seedling stage identified using a recombinant inbred line population derived from an elite rice hybrid. Theor Appl Genet 112:85-96.
128. Chen, H., W. Tang, C.G. Xu, X.H. Li, Y.J. Lin and Q. Zhang. (2005). Transgenic indica rice plants harboring a synthetic cry2A* gene of Bacillus thuringiensis exhibit enhanced resistance against lepidopteran rice pests. Theor. Appl. Genet. 111: 1330-1337.
127. Qiu, S. Q., K. Liu, J. X. Jiang, X. Song, C. G. Xu, X. H. Li and Q. Zhang. (2005). Delimitation of the rice wide compatibility gene S5n to a 40-kb DNA fragment. Theor Appl Genet 111:1080-1086.
126. Lu, Q., X.H. Li, D. Guo, C.G. Xu and Q. Zhang. (2005). Localization of pms3, a gene for photoperiod-sensitive genic male sterility, to a 28.4-kb DNA fragment. Mol. Gen. Genomics 273: 507-511.
125. Xu, Y., S.R. McCouch and Q. Zhang. (2005). How can we use genomics to improve cereals with rice as a reference genome? Plant Mol Biol 59:7-26.
124. Wang, G.W., Y.Q. He, C.G. Xu and Q. Zhang. (2005). Identification and confirmation of three neutral alleles conferring wide-compatibility in inter-subspecific hybrids of rice (Oryza sativa L.) using near isogenic lines. Theor Appl Genet 111:702-710.
123. Fan, C. C., X. Q. Yu, Y. Z. Xing, C. G. Xu, L. J. Luo and Q. Zhang. (2005). The main effects, epistatic effects and environmental interactions of QTLs on the cooking and eating quality of rice in a doubled-haploid line population. Theor Appl Genet 110: 1445-1452.
122. Zhang, J, Q. Feng, C. Jin, D. Qiu, L. Zhang, K. Xie, D. Yuan, B. Han, Q. Zhang and S Wang. (2005). Features of the expressed sequences revealed by a large-scale analysis of ESTs from a normalized cDNA library of the elite indica rice cultivar Minghui 63. Plant J. 42:772-780.
121. Song, X, S. Q. Qiu, C. G. Xu, X. H. Li and Q. Zhang. (2005). Genetic dissection of embryo-sac fertility, pollen fertility and their contributions to spikelet fertility of inter-subspecific hybrids in rice. Theor Appl Genet 110:205-211.
120. Lin Y. J. and Q. Zhang. (2005). Optimizing the tissue culture conditions for high efficiency transformation of indica rice. Plant Cell Rep.23:540-547.
119. Xie, K., J. Zhang, Y. Xiang, Q. Feng, B. Han, Z. Chu, S. Wang, Q. Zhang and L. Xiong. (2005). Isolation and annotation of 10,828 putative full length cDNAs from indica rice. Science in China (ser C) 35:6-12.
118. Jiang, G. H., C. G. Xu, J. M. Tu, X. H. Li, Y. Q. He and Q. Zhang. (2004). Pyramiding of insect- and disease-resistance genes into an elite indica, cytoplasm male sterile restorer line of rice, ‘Minghui 63’ Plant Breeding 123:112-116.
117. Hirochika, H, E. Guiderdoni, G. An, Y. Hsing, M. Y Eun, C. Han, N. Upadhyaya, S. Ramachandran, Q. Zhang, A. Pereira, V. Sundaresan and H. Leung. (2004). Rice mutant resources for gene discovery. Plant Mol Biol 54:325-334.
116. Liu, H. Y., C. G. Xu and Q. Zhang. (2004). Male and female gamete abortions, and reduced affinity between the uniting gametes as the causes for sterility in an indica/japonica hybrid in rice. Sex. Plant Reprod. 17:55-62.
115. Jiang, G. H., Y. Q. He, C. G. Xu, X. H. Li and Q. Zhang. (2004). The genetic basis of stay-green in rice analyzed in a population of doubled haploid lines derived from an indica by japonica cross. Theor Appl Genet 108:688-698.
114. Li, X., C. Xu and Q. Zhang. (2004). Ribosomal DNA spacer-length polymorphisms in three samples of wild and cultivated barley. Plant Breeding 123:30-34.
113. Sun, X., Y. Cao, Z. Yang, C. Xu, X. Li, S. Wang and Q. Zhang. (2004). Xa26, a gene conferring resistance to Xanthomonas oryzae pv. oryzae in rice, encodes a LRR receptor kinase-like protein. Plant Journal 37:517-527.
112. Tu, J., K. Datta, N. Oliva, G. Zhang, C. Xu, G. S. Khush, Q. Zhang and S. K. Datta (2003). Site-independently integrated transgenes in the elite restorer rice line Minghui 63 allow removal of a selectable marker from the gene of interest by self-segregation. Plant Biotechnology Journal 1:155-165.
111. Wu, C., X. J. Li, W.Y. Yuan, G. X. Chen, A. Kilian, J. Li, C. Xu, X. H. Li, D.-X. Zhou, S. Wang and Q. Zhang. (2003). Development of enhancer trap lines for functional analysis of the rice genome. Plant J. 35:418-427.
110. Yang, Z., X. Sun, S. Wang and Q. Zhang. (2003). Genetic and physical mapping of a new gene for bacterial blight resistance in rice. Theor. Appl. Genet. 106:1467–1472.
109. Guan, J.-C., X.-H. Li, Q.-F. Zhang, G. Kochert and C.-Y. Lin. (2003). Characterization of a unique genomic clone located 5’upstream of the Oshsp16.9Bgene on chromosome 1 in rice (Oryza sativa L. cv Tainung No. 67). Theor Appl Genet 106:503-511.
108. Sun, X., Z. Yang, S. Wang and Q. Zhang. (2003). Identification of a 47-kb DNA fragment containing Xa4, a locus for bacterial blight resistance in rice. Theor Appl Genet 106:683-687.
107. Hua, J., Y. Xing, W. Wu, C. Xu, X. Sun, S. Yu and Q. Zhang (2003). Single-locus heterotic effects and dominance by dominance interactions can adequately explain the genetic basis of heterosis in an elite rice hybrid. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 100:2574-2579.
106. Chen, H., S. Wang, Y. Xing, C. Xu, P. M. Hayes, and Q. Zhang. (2003). Comparative analyses of genomic locations and race specificities of loci for quantitative resistance to Pyricularia grisea in rice and barley. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 100:2544-2549.
105. Cui, K. H., S. B. Peng, Y. Z. Xing, C. G. Xu, S. B. Yu and Q. Zhang. (2003). Molecular dissection of the genetic relationships of source, sink and transport tissue with yield traits in rice. Theor Appl Genet 106:649-658.
104. Zhou, P. H., Y. F. Tan, Y. Q. He, C. G. Xu and Q. Zhang. (2003). Simultaneous improvement for four quality traits of Zhenshan 97, an elite parent of hybrid rice, by molecular marker-assisted selection. Theor. Appl. Genet. 106:326-331.
103. McCouch S. R., L. Teytelman, Y. Xu, K. B. Lobos, K. Clare, M. Walton, B. Fu, R. Maghirang, Z. Li, Y. Xing, Q. Zhang, I. Kono, M. Yano, R. Fjellstrom, G. DeClerck, D. Schneider, S. Cartinhour, D. Ware and L. Stein (2002). Development and mapping of 2240 new SSR markers for rice (Oryza sativa L.). DNA Res 9:199-207.
102. Hua, J. P., Y. Z. Xing, C. G. Xu, X. L. Sun, S. B. Yu and Q. Zhang. (2002). Genetic dissection of an elite rice hybrid revealed that heterozygotes are not always advantageous for performance. Genetics 162:1885-1895.
101. Cui, K. H., S. B. Peng, Y. Z. Xing, C. G. Xu, S. B. Yu and Q. Zhang. (2002). Molecular dissection of seedling vigor and associated physiological traits in rice. Theor Appl Genet 105:745-753.
100. Li, R., Z. Zhang and Q. Zhang. (2002). Transformation of japonica rice with RHL gene and salt tolerance of the transgenic rice plant. Chinese Science Bulletin 47:998-1002.
99. Xiong, M., S. Wang and Q. Zhang. (2002). Coincidence in map positions between pathogen-induced defense-responsive genes and quantitative resistance loci in rice. Science in China 45:518-526.
98. Zhou, B., K. Peng, Z. Chu, S. Wang and Q. Zhang. (2002). The defense responsive genes showing enhanced and repressed expression after pathogen infection in rice (Oryza sativa L.). Science in China 45:449-467.
97. 韩月澎， 邢永忠， 陈宗祥， 顾世梁， 潘学彪， 陈秀兰， 张启发.杂交水稻亲本明恢63对纹枯病水平抗性的QTL定位. 遗传学报，(2002)，29：622－626
Han, Y. P., Y. Z. Xing, Z. X. Chen, S. L. Gu, X. B. Pan, X. L. Chen and Q. Zhang. (2002). Mapping QTLs for horizontal resistance to sheath blight in an elite rice restorer line, Minghui 63. Acta Genetica Sinica 29:622-626.
96. Xing, Y. Z., Y. F. Tan, J. P. Hua, X. L. Sun, C. G. Xu and Q. Zhang. (2002). Characterization of the main effects, epistatic effects and their environmental interactions of QTLs in the genetic basis of yield traits in rice. Theor Appl Genet 105:248-257 .
95. Chen, H. L., S. Wang, and Q. Zhang. (2002). New gene for bacterial blight resistance in rice located on chromosome 12 identified from Minghui 63, an elite restorer line. Phytopathology 92:750-754.
94. Yu, S. B., J. X. Li, C. G. Xu, Y. F. Tan, X. H. Li and Q. Zhang. (2002). Identification of quantitative trait loci and epistatic interactions for plant height and heading date in rice. Theor Appl Genet 104:619-625.
93. Tan, Y. F., M. Sun, Y. Z. Xing, J. P. Hua, X. L. Sun, Q. F. Zhang and H. Corke. (2001). Mapping quantitative trait loci for milling quality, protein content and color characteristics of rice using a recombinant inbred line population derived from an elite rice hybrid. Theor Appl Genet 103:1037-1045.
92. Liu, N., Y. Shan, F. P. Wang, C. G. Xu, K. M. Peng, X. H. Li and Q. Zhang. (2001) Identification of an 85 kb DNA fragment containing pms1, a locus for photoperiod-sensitive genic male sterility in rice. Mol Genet Genomics 266:271-275.
91. Chen, H. L., B. T. Chen, D. P Zhang, Y. F. Xie and Q. Zhang. (2001). Pathotypes of Pyricularia grisea in rice fields of central and southern China. Plant Disease 85:843-850.
90. Li, X., Q. Lu, F. Wang, C. Xu and Q. Zhang. (2001). Separation of the two-locus inheritance of photoperiod sensitive genic male sterility in rice and precise mapping the pms3 locus. Euphytica 119:343-348
89. Tan, Y. F. and Q. Zhang. (2001). Correlation of SSR variants in the leader sequence of the Waxy gene with amylose content of the grain in rice. Acta Bot. Sin. 43:146-150.
88. Chen, S., C. G. Xu, X. H. Lin and Q. Zhang. (2001). Improving bacterial blight resistance of ‘6078’, an elite restorer line of hybrid rice, by molecular marker-assisted selection. Plant Breeding 120:133-137.
87. Huang, Z., G. He, L. Shu, X. Li, Q. Zhang. (2001). Identification and mapping of two brown planthopper resistance genes in rice. Theor Appl Genet 102:929-934.
86. Wang, S., K. Liu, and Q. Zhang. (2000). Segmental duplications are common in the rice (Oryza sativa L.) genome. Acta Bot. Sin. 42:1150-1155.
85. Tu, J., G. Zhang, K. Datta, C. Xu, Y. He, Q. Zhang, G. S. Khush and S. K. Datta. (2000). Field performance of transgenic elite commercial hybrid rice expressing Bacillus thuringiensis -endotoxin. Nature Biotechnology 18:1101-1104.
84. Tan, Y. F., Y. Z. Xing, J. X. Li, S. B. Yu, C. G. Xu and Q. Zhang. (2000). Genetic bases of appearance quality of rice grains in Shanyou 63, an elite rice hybrid. Theor Appl Genet 101:823-829
83. Chen, S. and Q. Zhang. (2000). Molecular marker-assisted selection for improving bacterial blight resistance of hybrid rice. Scientific Agriculture (Taiwan) 48:111-119.
82. Tu, J., K. Datta, G. S. Khush, Q. Zhang and S. K. Datta. (2000). Field performance of Xa21 transgenic indica rice (Oryza sativa L.), IR72. Theor Appl Genet 101:15-20.
81. Li, J. X., S. B. Yu, C. G. Xu, Y. F. Tan, Y. J. Gao, X. H. Li and Q. Zhang. (2000). Analyzing quantitative trait loci for yield using a vegetatively replicated F2 population from a cross between the parents of an elite rice hybrid. Theor Appl Genet 101:248-254.
80. Chen, S. and Q. Zhang. (2000). Improvement of bacterial blight resistance of hybrid rice by molecular marker-assisted selection. J. Huazhong Agric. Univ. 19:183-189.
79. Chen, S., X. H. Lin, C. G. Xu and Q. Zhang. (2000). Improvement of bacterial blight resistance of 'Minghui 63’, an elite restorer line of hybrid rice, by molecular marker-assisted selection. Crop Science 239-244.
78. Wang, S., J. Wang, J. Jiang and Q. Zhang. (2000). Mapping of centromeric regions on the molecular linkage map of rice (Oryza sativa L.) using centromere-associated sequences. Mol Gen Genet 263:165-172.
77. Mei, M., L. Chen, Z. H. Zhang, Z. Y. Li, C. G. Xu and Q. Zhang. (1999). pms3 is the locus causing the original photoperiod-sensitive male sterility mutation of ‘Nongken 58S’. Science in China (series C) 42:316-322.
76. Mei, M. X. Dai, C. G. Xu and Q. Zhang. (1999). Mapping and genetic analysis of the genes for photoperiod-sensitive male sterility in rice using the original mutant Nongken 58S. Crop Science 19:1711-1715.
75. He, Y. Q. J. Yang, C. G. Xu, Z. Zhang and Q. Zhang. (1999). Genetic bases of instability of male sterility and fertility reversibility in photoperiod-sensitive genic male sterile rice. Theor Appl Genet 99:683-693.
74. Tan, Y. F., J. X. Li, S. B. Yu, Y. Z. Xing, C. G. Xu and Q. Zhang. (1999). The three important traits for cooking and eating quality of rice grains are controlled by a single locus in an elite rice hybrid, Shanyou 63. Theor Appl Genet 99:642-648.
73. Wang, S., N. Liu, K. Peng and Q. Zhang. (1999). The distribution and copy number of copia-like retrotransposons in rice (Oryza sativa L.) and their implications in the organization and evolution of the rice genome. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 96:6824-6828.
72. Zhao, M. F., X. H. Li, J. B. Yang, C. G. Xu, R. Y. Hu, D. J. Liu and Q. Zhang. (1999). Relationship between molecular marker heterozygosity and hybrid performance in intra- and inter-subspecific crosses of rice. Plant Breeding 118:139-144.
71. Peng, K. and Q. Zhang. (1999). A cosmid library constructed to the elite rice cultivar “Minghui 63” Acta Bot. Sin. 41:337-339.
70. Xiong, L. Z., C. G. Xu, M. A. Saghai Maroof, Q. Zhang. (1999). Patterns of cytosine methylation in an elite rice hybrid and its parental lines detected by a methylation-sensitive amplification polymorphism technique. Mol Gen Genet 261: 439-446.
69. Xiong, L. Z., K. D. Liu, X. K. Dai, C. G. Xu and Q. Zhang. (1999). Identification of genetic factors controlling domestication-related traits of rice using an F2 population of a cross between Oryza sativa and O. rufipogon. Theor Appl Genet 98:243-251.
68. Zhu, S., Q. Zhang and M. Wang. (1998). Ribosomal DNA polymorphisms of the common wild rice from China. Acta Genetica Sinica 25:531-537.
67. Peng, K. M., H. B. Zhang and Q. Zhang. (1998). A BAC library constructed to the rice cultivar “Minghui 63” for cloning genes of agronomic importance. Acta Bot. Sin. 40:1108-1114.
66. Tu, J., I. Ona, Q. Zhang, T. W. Mew, G. S. Khush and S. K. Datta. (1998). Transgenic rice variety ‘IR72’ with Xa21 is resistant to bacterial blight. Theor Appl Genet 97:31-36.
65. Wang, J., K. D. Liu, C. G. Xu, X. H. Li and Q. Zhang. (1998). The high level of wide-compatibility of ‘Dular’ has a complex genetic basis. Theor Appl Genet 97:407-412.
64. 熊立仲， 王石平， 刘克德， 戴先凯， Saghai Maroof MA， 胡锦国，张启发.微卫星DNA和AFLP标记在水稻分子标记连锁图上的分布. 植物学报，(1998)， 40：605－614
Xiong, L., S. Wang, K. Liu, X. Dai, M. A. Saghai Maroof, J. Hu and Q. Zhang. (1998). Distribution of simple sequence repeat and AFLP markers in molecular linkage map of rice. Acta Bot. Sin. 40:605-614.
63. 王石平，张启发. 高等植物基因组中的反转录转座子. 植物学报， (1998)，40：291－297
Wang, S. and Q. Zhang. (1998). Retrotransposons in the genomes of higher plants. Acta Bot. Sin. 40:291-297.
62. Yu, S. B., J. X. Li, C. G. Xu, Y. F. Tan, Y. J. Gao, X. H. Li, Q. Zhang and M. A. Saghai Maroof. (1998). Epistasis plays an important role as the genetic basis of heterosis in rice. Science in China (Ser. C) 41:293-302.
61. Xiong, L. Z., G. P. Yang, C. G. Xu, Q. Zhang and M. A. Saghai Maroof. (1998). Relationships of differential gene expression in leaves with heterosis and heterozygosity in a rice diallel cross. Molecular Breeding 4:129-136.
60. 王石平， 刘克德， 王江， 张启发. 用同源序列的染色体定位寻找水稻抗病基因的DNA片断. 植物学报， (1998)， 40：42－50
Wang, S., K. D. Liu, J. Wang and Q. Zhang. (1998). Identifying candidate disease resistance genes in rice by sequence homology and chromosomal locations. Acta Bot. Sin. 40:42-50.
59. Xiong, L. Z., K. D. Liu, X. K. Dai, S. W. Wang, D. P. Zhang, M. A. Saghai Maroof, T. Sasaki and Q. Zhang. (1997). A high density RFLP map based on the F2 population of a cross between Oryza sativa and O. rufipogon using Cornell and RGP markers. Rice Genetic Newsletter 14:110-116.
58. 王风平， 梅明华， 徐才国， 张启发. 光敏不育水稻农垦58S与正常农垦58在pms1区间无育性基因分离. 植物学报，(1997)，39：922－925
Wang, F. P., Mei, M. H., Xu C. G. and Q. Zhang. (1997). pms1 genomic region does not cause fertility difference between the photoperiod-sensitive male sterile rice Nongken 58S and normal Nongken 58. Acta Bot. Sin. 39:922-925.
57. Li, H. B., J. Wang, A. M. Liu, K. D. Liu, Q. Zhang, J. S. Zou. (1997). Genetic basis of low-temperature-sensitive sterility in indica-japonica hybrids of rice as determined by RFLP analysis. Theor. Appl. Genet. 95:1092-1097.
56. Yao, F. Y., C. G. Xu, S B. Yu, J. X. Li, Y. J. Gao, X. H. Li and Q. Zhang. (1997). Mapping and genetic analysis of two fertility restorer loci in the wild-abortive cytoplasmic male sterility system of rice. Euphytica 98:183-187.
55. Yu, S. B., J. X. Li, C. G. Xu, Y. F. Tan, Y. J. Gao, X. H. Li, Q. Zhang and M. A. Saghai Maroof. (1997). Importance of epistasis as the genetic basis of heterosis in an elite rice hybrid. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 94:9226-9231.
54. Liu K. D., J. Wang, H. B. Li, C. G. Xu, A. M. Liu, X. H. Li and Q. Zhang. (1997). A genome-wide analysis of wide compatibility in rice and the precise location of the S5 locus in the molecular map. Theor Appl Genet 95:809-814.
53. Wang, S., Q. Zhang, P. J. Maughan and M. A. Saghai Maroof. (1997). Copia-like retrotransposons in rice: heterogeneity, diversity and chromosomal locations. Plant Molecular Biology 33:1051-1058.
52. Zhang, Q., K. D. Liu, G. P. Yang, M. A. Saghai Maroof, C. G. Xu, and Z. Q. Zhou. (1997). Molecular marker diversity and hybrid sterility in indica-japonica rice crosses. Theor Appl Genet 95:112-118.
51. Saghai Maroof, M. A., G. P. Yang, Q. Zhang and K. A. Gravois. (1997). Correlation between molecular marker distance and hybrid performance in U.S. Southern long grain rice. Crop Science 37:145-150.
50. Li, H. B., Q. Zhang, A. M. Liu, J. S. Zou and Z. M. Chen. 1996. A genetic analysis of low-temperature-sensitive sterility in indica-japonica rice hybrids. Plant Breeding 115:305-309.
49. 李昌功， 周嫦， 杨弘远， 李香花， 张启发. 青菜与芥菜花粉-体细胞原生质体融合的研究. 武汉植物学研究，1996，14：289－293
Li, C., C. Zhou, H. Yang, X. Li and Q. Zhang. 1996. Studies on pollen-somatic protoplast fusion between Brassica chinensis and B. juncea. J. Wuhan Botanical Research 14:289-293.
48. Li, C., C. Zhou, H. Yang, X. Li and Q. Zhang. 1996. Development and molecular identification of pollen-somatic hybrid plants in Brassica spp. Chinese Science Bulletin 41:1564-1567.
47. Lin, X. H., D. P. Zhang, Y. F. Xie, H. P. Gao and Q. Zhang. 1996. Identifying and mapping a new gene for bacterial blight resistance in rice based on RFLP markers. Phytopathology 86:1156-1169.
46. Liu, K. D., G. P. Yang, S. H. Zhu, Q. Zhang, X. M. Wang and M. A. Saghai Maroof. 1996. Extraordinarily polymorphic ribosomal DNA in wild and cultivated rice. Genome 39:1109-1116.
45. Zhang, Q., Z. Q. Zhou, G. P. Yang, C. G. Xu, K. D. Liu and M. A. Saghai Maroof. 1996. Molecular marker heterozygosity and hybrid performance in indica and japonica rice. Theor Appl Genet 93: 1218-1224.
44. Liu K. D., Z. Q. Zhou, C. G. Xu, Q. Zhang and M. A. Saghai Maroof. 1996. An analysis of hybrid sterility in rice using a diallel cross of 21 parents involving indica, japonica and wide compatibility varieties. Euphytica 90:275-280.
43. Saghai Maroof, M. A., G. P. Yang, R. Biyashev, P. J. Maughan and Q. Zhang. 1996. Analysis of barley and rice genomes by comparative RFLP linkage mapping. Theor Appl Genet 92:541-551.
42. 刘克德， 张启发， 张端品， 谢岳峰. 云南地方稻种的遗传变异和籼粳分化. 植物学报，1995，37：718－724
Liu K. D., Q. Zhang, D. P. Zhang and Y. Xie. 1995. Genetic variation and indica-japonica differentiation in Yunnan indigenous rice. Acta Bot. Sin. 37:718-724.
41. Saghai Maroof, M. A., Q. Zhang and R. Biyashev. 1995. Comparison of restriction fragment length polymorphisms (RFLPs) in wild and cultivated barley. Genome 38:298-306.
40. Zhang, Q., Y. J. Gao, M. A. Saghai Maroof, S. H. Yang and J. X. Li. 1995. Molecular divergence and hybrid performance in rice. Molecular Breeding 1:133-142.
39. Saghai Maroof, M. A. Q. Zhang and J. Chojecki. 1994. RFLPs in cultivated barley and their application in evaluation of malting quality cultivars. Hereditas 12121-29.
38. Yang, G. P., M. A. Saghai Maroof, C. G. Xu, Q. Zhang and R. M. Biyashev. 1994. Comparative analysis of microsatellite DNA polymorphism in landraces and cultivars of rice. Mol Gen Genet 245:187-194.
37. Zhang, Q., B. Z. Shen, X. K. Dai, M. H. Mei, M. A. Saghai Maroof and Z. B. Li. 1994. Using bulked extremes and recessive class to map genes for photoperiod sensitive genic male sterility in rice. Proc. Natl Acad. Sci. USA 91:8675-8679.
36. Zhang, Q., G. P. Yang, X. K. Dai and J. Z. Sun. 1994. A comparative analysis of genetic polymorphism in wild and cultivated barley from Tibet using isozyme and ribosomal DNA markers. Genome 37:631-638.
35. Saghai Maroof, M. A., Q. Zhang and R. M. Biyashev. 1994. Molecular marker analysis of powdery mildew resistance in barley. Theor. Appl. Genet. 88:733-740.
34. Saghai Maroof, M. A., R. M. Biyashev, G. P. Yang, Q. Zhang and R. W. Allard. 1994. Extraordinarily polymorphic microsatellite DNA in barley: species diversity, chromosomal location, and population dynamics. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 91:5466-5470.
33. Zhang, Q., Y. J. Gao, S. H. Yang, R. A. Ragab, M. A. Saghai Maroof and Z. B. Li. 1994. A diallel analysis of heterosis in elite hybrid rice based on RFLPs and microsatellites. Theor Appl Genet 89:185-192.
32. Zhang, Q., B. Shen, X. Dai, M. Mei, M. A. Saghai Maroof and Z. Li. 1993. An RFLP-based genetic analysis of photoperiod sensitive male sterility in rice. Rice Genetics Newsletter 10:94-97.
31. Zhang, Q., M. A. Saghai Maroof and A. Kleinhofs. 1993. Comparative diversity analysis of RFLPs and isozymes within and among populations of Hordeum vulgare ssp. spontaneum. Genetics 134:909-916.
30. Zhang, Q., S. Jana and M. A. Saghai Maroof. 1993. A diagnostic analysis of genetic differentiation among subpopulations of a barley composite cross using isozyme markers. Hereditas 118:63-70.
29. Liu, A., Q. Zhang and H. Li. 1992. Location of a gene for wide-compatibility in the RFLP linkage map. Rice Genetics Newsletter 9:134-136.
28. Allard, R. W., Q. Zhang, M. A. Saghai Maroof and O. A. Muona. 1992. Evolution of multilocus genetic structure in an experimental barley population. Genetics 131:957-969.
27. Saghai Maroof, M. A. and Q. Zhang. 1992. Interrelationships of allozymes and ribosomal DNA alleles in wild barley. Euphytica 61:113-122.
26. 曹孟良， 郑用琏， 张启发. 光敏核不育水稻农垦58S农垦58蛋白质双向电泳对比分析. 华中农业大学学报， 1992，11：305－311
Cao, M., Y. Zheng and Q. Zhang. 1992. A two dimensional electrophoretic analysis of proteins associated with photoperiod sensitive male sterility in rice. Journal of Huazhong Agricultural University 11:305-311.
25. 刘蔼民， 李和标， 张启发， 姜晓红， 师素云， 杨官品. 水稻广亲和基因在RFLP图谱上的初步定位. 华中农业大学学报，1992，11：213－219
Liu, A., H., Li, Q. Zhang, S. Shi, X. Jiang and G. Yang. 1992. Mapping a wide compatibility gene in rice in relation to RFLP markers. Journal of Huazhong Agricultural University 11:213-219.
24. 张启发， 戴先凯， Saghai Maroof MA. 西藏和埃塞俄比亚大麦6个同工酶位点遗传变异的对比分析. 遗传学报，1992，19：236－243
Zhang, Q., X. Dai and M. A. Saghai Maroof. 1992. Comparative assessment of isozyme diversity in barley from Ethiopia and Tibet. Chinese Journal of Genetics 19:119-126, Allerton Press, Inc., New York.
23. 张启发， 段国录， 杨官品. 中国大麦叶绿体DNA和核糖体RNA基因限制性片段长度多型性. 遗传学报， 1992，19：131－139
Zhang, Q., G. Duan and G. Yang. 1992. Restriction fragment length polymorphism of chloroplast DNA and rDNA intergenic spacer region in barley from China. Chinese Journal of Genetics 19:111-118, Allerton Press, Inc., New York.
22. Zhang, Q., R. K. Webster, B. A. Crandall, L. F. Jackson and M. A. Saghai Maroof. 1992. Race composition and pathogenicity associations of Rhynchosporium secalis in California. Phytopathology 82:798-803.
21. Zhang, Q., Saghai Maroof, M. A. and G. P. Yang. 1992. Ribosomal DNA spacer-length polymorphisms and the Oriental-Occidental differentiation in cultivated barley. Theor Appl Genet 84:682- 687.
20. Saghai Maroof, M. A., Q. Zhang, D. B. Neale and R. W. Allard. 1992. Associations between nuclear loci and chloroplast DNA genotypes in wild barley. Genetics 131:225-231.
19. Zhang, Q., Saghai Maroof, M. A., T. Y. Lu and B. Z. Shen. 1992. Genetic diversity and differentiation of indica and japonica rice detected by RFLP analysis. Theor Appl Genet 83:495-499.
18. 廖玉才， 张启发， 郑用琏. 受白粉菌诱导大麦抗感等基因系蛋白质变化的双向电泳分析. 遗传学报，1991，18：431－436
Liao, Y., Q. Zhang and Y. Zheng. 1991. Two-dimensional electrophoresis of proteins associated with powdery mildew infection in barley isogenic lines. Acta Genetica Sinica 18:431-436.
17. Zhang, Q., M. A. Saghai Maroof and R. K. Webster. 1991. Spatial and temporal patterns of associations between quantitative characters and resistance to scald in barley. Hereditas 115:1-8.
16. Zhang, Q., M. A. Saghai Maroof and R. W. Allard. 1990 Effects on adaptedness of variations in ribosomal DNA copy number in populations of wild barley Hordeum vulgare ssp. spontaneum Koch. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 87:8741-8745.
15. Saghai Maroof, M. A, R. W. Allard, and Q. Zhang. 1990. Genetic diversity and ecogeographical differentiation among ribosomal DNA (rDNA) alleles in wild and cultivated barley. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 87:8486-8490.
14. Allard, R. W., M. A. Saghai-Maroof, Q. Zhang and R. A. Jorgensen. 1990. Genetic and molecular organization of ribosomal DNA (rDNA) variants in wild and cultivated barley. Genetics 126:743- 751.
13. Zhang, Q., M. A. Saghai Maroof and R. W. Allard. 1990. Worldwide pattern of multilocus structure in barley determined by discrete log-linear multivariate analyses. Theor Appl Genet 80:121- 128.
12. Yang, G. and Q. Zhang. 1990. Polymorphism of -amylase activity in landraces and cultivars of barley from China. Euphytica 48:245-251.
11. 杨官品， 张启发. 大麦萌发种子总 mRNA的分离及 cDNA克隆. 华中农业大学学报， 1990， 9：315－318
Yang, G. and Q. Zhang 1990. Construction of a cDNA library from germinated barley seed and isolation of an -amylase gene. Journal of Huazhong Agricultural University 9:315-318.
10. 陈茂顺， 张启发， 廖玉才. 大麦抗白粉病近等基因系农艺性状相似性的评价. 华中农业大学学报，1989，8：311－317
Chen, M., Q. Zhang and Y. Liao. 1989. Similarity of genetic background between barley isogenic lines carrying various genes for powdery mildew resistance as determined by analyzing seven quantitative characters. Journal of Huazhong Agricultural University 8:311-31 (in Chinese with English Abstract).
9. Dai, X. and Q. Zhang. 1989. Genetic diversity of six isozyme loci in cultivated barley of Tibet. Theor Appl Genet 78:281-286.
8. Jana, S., Q. Zhang and M. A. Saghai-Maroof. 1989. Influence of environments on the development of multivariate structure in a barley composite cross at three locations. Genome 32:40-45.
7. Neale, D. B., M. A. Saghai-Maroof, R. W. Allard, Q. Zhang and R. A. Jorgensen. 1988. Chloroplast DNA diversity in population of wild and cultivated barley. Genetics 120:1105-1110.
6. Zhang, Q., M. Tibayrenc and F. J. Ayala. 1988. Linkage disequilibrium in natural populations of Trypanosoma cruzi (Flagellate), the agent of Chagas' disease. J. Protozool. 35:81-85.
5. Zhang, Q., R. K. Webster and R. W. Allard. 1987. Geographical distribution and associations of resistance to four races of Rhynchosporium secalis. Phytopathology 77:352-357.
4. Geng, S., Q. Zhang and D. M. Bassett. 1987. Stability of yield and fiber quality of California cotton. Crop Science 27:1004-1010.
3. Zhang, Q. and S. Geng. 1986. A method of estimating varietal stability for data of long-term trials. Theor Appl Genet 71:810-814.
2. Zhang, Q. and R. W. Allard. 1986. Sampling variance of the genetic diversity index. J. Heredity 77:54-55.
1. 余毓君， 张启发. 小麦六个常用亲本品种双列杂交配合力的初步研究. 遗传学报，1978，5：281－292
Yu, Y. J. and Q. Zhang. 1978. A preliminary study on the combining ability of six parents with diallel crosses in wheat. Acta Genetica Sinica 5:281-292 (in Chinese with English Abstract).
We concern events concerning rice disease resistance.
Carries out the following research based on the Rice mutant library
(1) identifying novel genes.
(2) identifying regulatory elements.
(3) identifying pattern lines for ectopic expression (misexpression) of target gene at specific tissue or at specific growth stage
Our lab focus on the mapping and cloning of QTLs in rice.
Lizhong Xiong's Lab
Address: Huazhong Agricultural University
Wuhan, Hubei Province
People's Republic of China
Zip Code: 430070